Tuesday, April 3, 2007

So Prove It

I called my best-est friend from my schoolboy days to let him know I was coming home for Passover. I received a message telling me he was out of the country for a few weeks. I think “Cool he is out of the country. Good for him.”

Fast forward to Sunday of this week. I get a call saying he was at a Yeshiva in Israel. Now that is great except for the fact that my friend could possibly be the most militantly secular Israeli type of guy of all time. And the other issue is that it was the Aish ha’Torah Yeshiva.

So he came back being all “how is your Judaism valid” and such and I wanted to smack him upside the head. But I had to be honest with my best-est friend and he has some good points.

It is really easy to be absolutist and very difficult to be a liberal with ideals. But that didn't do it for him. So this week I will work on figuring out my response to my best-est friend and then I will smack him upside the head.

No comments: