Thursday, March 29, 2007

Shabbat Ideas - March 30, 2007

As Passover approaches and I take some time off for Spring here are my Shabbat thoughts.

Top Fifty Rabbis in Newsweek in the Forward
Cause I was a punk to Esther on Jewlicious
Cause I am flying cross country today

So this week was no different than any other week in the Jew-blogs. But it hit me after reading the interchange between Mobius and CK. While these two guys are big time, the rest of us are not important. So why do we keep talking and writing?

Jewbiq’s Annie wrote this week about the justice having to do with delivery workers. That was quite possibly the most important post in the J-blogging world or at least in New York. The idea of having a blog is to supplement the mainstream media, not to be the mainstream media. If the media is failing to let people know about stuff, then it is our job to talk about it.

DovBear is writing all about good post on small blogs (I got a post from him too). Thank you very much. The idea would be that we have stuff to say that is as insignificant as the big guys (and gals). Jewschool, Jewlicious and others should NOT be the news, we should talk about the news. I am a nobody and so are you.

As we all pause to celebrate our freedom from Egypt I hope that I will not be a slave to my hit rate. And on that note I have made it to 2000 hits. Like I said, I am a nobody and I am fine with that.

Shabbat Shalom

3 comments:

TM (Jewlicious) said...

You'll always be somebody to me!

Liberal Jew said...

aw... Thanks themiddle!

But really we are all just making noise. The most important aspect of the democratization of the media is that we are able to say something, not that we actually say anything.

Esther Kustanowitz said...

Punk on! Thanks for the link...